GOVERNANCE AND LEADERSHIP
Implementing this plan begins the compelling next phase in establishing Pacifica. As the school grows and continues to prosper, the Board of Trustees will ensure that the mission, core beliefs, and initiatives are prayerfully, consistently, thoughtfully, and strategically implemented. Through the direction of the Board and its committees, the Head of School and the School Leadership Team will successfully execute the school’s mission and vision.
GOAL VII: Strengthen and grow the Board of Trustees and its committees to successfully implement each initiative of the Strategic Plan.
- Add new members to the Board of Trustees, and its committees, who a) whole-heartedly agree with Pacifica’s purpose, mission, and vision; b) whose faith, skills, knowledge, and expertise align with the mission of Pacifica; and c) who meet specific needs in its development.
- Evaluate and amend Pacifica’s bylaws to incorporate best practices as recognized by the National Association of Independent Schools.
- Align the structure of the Board of Trustees and its committees in accordance with the bylaws; increase committee membership; and establish additional committees, as needed, to meet the Strategic Plan’s seven initiatives.
- Regularly monitor the execution of the Strategic Plan and amend the plan if needed.
- Encourage and celebrate the benevolence of each member of the Pacifica community.
- Establish professional policies and procedures for financial controls, financial assistance, human resources, marketing, and development.
Pacifica 2019 Goals
AF – Testimonials
Pacifica Student, Class of 2018
“Pacifica is my second home, my second family. The joy I’ve found has changed my life, made it brighter and completely transformed my soul and mind. I am so excited to see how, by my senior year, we will all be able to master the art of living and thinking well in order to live a good life filled with virtue.”
Pacifica Parent, Class of 2019
“Pacifica is a tremendous gift to our family. We have watched with great joy as our daughter, Lindsay, grows in her capacity to reason thoughtfully and communicate clearly. Through intentional relationships with the Pacifica faculty, a group of godly men and women committed to the development of the whole student, Lindsay’s faith has increased as she is challenged to develop a deep understanding that God’s truth permeates all areas of study. We are blessed by Pacifica as it lives out its mission: teaching students to think and live well.”