Home > Pacifica 2019 > Goal IV
Pacifica alone does not teach students to think and live well. We work alongside families, churches, parachurch ministries, not-for-profit organizations, and for-profit organizations. It is a great privilege to join with these people and institutions to provide our graduates with a foundation for success in college, life, work, and faith. We also invite the community to participate with Pacifica in ways that encourage and transform the way we all live, study, work, and engage the world.
GOAL IV: Cultivate a community that encourages and develops students into whole people while providing opportunities for academic, co-curricular, personal, and spiritual development for students and the broader community.
- Increase Pacifica’s focus on developing the whole person; providing students with opportunities for academic, co-curricular, personal, and spiritual development. Also, create a school-wide initiative focused on service learning, leadership development, and global and local engagement.
- Develop a school-wide culture that cultivates a vibrant student-life experience and promotes healthy and balanced living among students, faculty, and staff.
- Embody our school motto—Thinking and Living Well—by maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards in an atmosphere of joy, honesty, and personal responsibility for members of the school community.
School Community – “Stakeholders”
- Establish and develop a Parent Association and other opportunities for regular and meaningful engagement with Pacifica families and alumni.
- Identify and establish partnerships with local educational institutions, churches, parachurch ministries, not-for-profit organizations, and for-profit organizations to develop and enhance the school program.
Orange County & Beyond
- Increase the educational and conversational impact The Great Conversation (TGC) has on the community through future TGC offerings and greater collaboration with community members and institutions.
- Develop relationships with like-minded churches, parachurch ministries, not-for-profit organizations, and for-profit organizations to provide opportunities for Pacifica students in the areas of service, travel, and leadership and character development, and to share best practices on institutional and employee advancement and leadership.
Pacifica 2019 Goals
AF – Testimonials
Pacifica Student, Class of 2018
“Pacifica is my second home, my second family. The joy I’ve found has changed my life, made it brighter and completely transformed my soul and mind. I am so excited to see how, by my senior year, we will all be able to master the art of living and thinking well in order to live a good life filled with virtue.”
Pacifica Parent, Class of 2019
“Pacifica is a tremendous gift to our family. We have watched with great joy as our daughter, Lindsay, grows in her capacity to reason thoughtfully and communicate clearly. Through intentional relationships with the Pacifica faculty, a group of godly men and women committed to the development of the whole student, Lindsay’s faith has increased as she is challenged to develop a deep understanding that God’s truth permeates all areas of study. We are blessed by Pacifica as it lives out its mission: teaching students to think and live well.”