STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF
We seek to attract, educate, and graduate well-equipped students from all backgrounds who: understand the world, communicate well, enjoy learning, have and maintain true friendship, and live faithfully. We want them to impact their colleges, their workplaces, their communities, their churches, and their families. To achieve this requires exceptional educators, spiritual mentors, and capable students. Talented and dedicated Christian faculty and staff are the foundation of our program. They must, therefore, be well compensated, well supported, and well suited to further Pacifica’s purpose, mission, and vision.
GOAL III: Recruit, retain, and train students from all neighborhoods who seek to have the highest standards of character, academic aptitude and skill, emotional health, and a desire for the distinctive community provided by the Pacifica program. Attract, reward, and encourage dedicated teachers and staff who embody our purpose, mission, and vision.
- Further refine messaging on school programs and curriculum to clearly articulate Pacifica’s true distinctives to prospective families.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing strategy to increase enrollment.
- Strengthen relationships and seek further collaboration with K-12 educational institutions in Orange County.
- Better utilize and communicate the school’s tuition-assistance program to mission-appropriate students.
- Provide students with additional opportunities for academic support and campus involvement.
- Develop a program dedicated to successfully transitioning incoming students into Pacifica.
- Establish professional offices for college and academic counseling.
Faculty and Staff
- Review and refine recruitment strategies to attract new teachers, staff, and coaches who embody Pacifica’s purpose, mission, and vision.
- Cultivate and preserve a work environment of unity and purpose centered around Pacifica by providing ongoing professional development through retreats, conferences, professional-learning communities, summer study, mentoring support, and guest speakers.
- Investigate and develop new incentive programs for faculty members to encourage their long-term professional, personal, and spiritual goals.
- Strengthen relationships with like-minded colleges, universities, and schools, including maintaining a strong relationship with Pacifica Christian High School in Santa Monica.
Pacifica 2019 Goals
AF – Testimonials
Pacifica Student, Class of 2018
“Pacifica is my second home, my second family. The joy I’ve found has changed my life, made it brighter and completely transformed my soul and mind. I am so excited to see how, by my senior year, we will all be able to master the art of living and thinking well in order to live a good life filled with virtue.”
Pacifica Parent, Class of 2019
“Pacifica is a tremendous gift to our family. We have watched with great joy as our daughter, Lindsay, grows in her capacity to reason thoughtfully and communicate clearly. Through intentional relationships with the Pacifica faculty, a group of godly men and women committed to the development of the whole student, Lindsay’s faith has increased as she is challenged to develop a deep understanding that God’s truth permeates all areas of study. We are blessed by Pacifica as it lives out its mission: teaching students to think and live well.”