Home > Pacifica 2019 > Goal II
The school program must prepare our students for life in a complex society. We strive to engage and challenge them with a high-quality program, grounded in the liberal arts, that meaningfully integrates the Christian faith throughout all aspects of their lives and their studies. Pacifica’s school program includes, academic, athletic, artistic, leadership, and spiritual components. Pacifica is a place for learning in each of these areas.
GOAL II: Fully engage and challenge students with a school program that meaningfully integrates the Christian faith and provides our graduates with a foundation for success in college, life, work, and faith.
- Receive full accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the necessary approvals from the Board of Regents at the University of California and the College Board in the first academic school year (2015-2016).
- Review and enhance all academic departments ensuring curriculum, handbooks, use of technology, and teaching practices align with the school’s purpose, mission, and vision.
- Develop an annual-review process for curriculum, student progress, and instruction to measure school-program effectiveness and maintain high levels of excellence and innovation.
- Incorporate the use of technology and active furniture in the academic program to enhance the students’ ability to learn, rather than becoming distractions.
- Expand course offerings in all disciplines through additional on-campus and on-line courses, partnerships with colleges and universities, and offering concurrent-credit course options.
- Continue to add new sports, develop coaches, secure and improve athletic facilities, and enhance the Triton athletic culture and experience for all student-athletes and spectators.
- Continue to add new arts electives while enhancing the culture and experience while maintaining a cycle of practice, exhibition, and critique for Pacifica artists and audiences.
- Develop and refine Pacifica’s Chapel and Small Groups programs to help students apply their faith to what they learn and experience in life.
Pacifica 2019 Goals
AF – Testimonials
Pacifica Student, Class of 2018
“Pacifica is my second home, my second family. The joy I’ve found has changed my life, made it brighter and completely transformed my soul and mind. I am so excited to see how, by my senior year, we will all be able to master the art of living and thinking well in order to live a good life filled with virtue.”
Pacifica Parent, Class of 2019
“Pacifica is a tremendous gift to our family. We have watched with great joy as our daughter, Lindsay, grows in her capacity to reason thoughtfully and communicate clearly. Through intentional relationships with the Pacifica faculty, a group of godly men and women committed to the development of the whole student, Lindsay’s faith has increased as she is challenged to develop a deep understanding that God’s truth permeates all areas of study. We are blessed by Pacifica as it lives out its mission: teaching students to think and live well.”