Pacifica Christian High School is a liberal arts high school devoted to teaching young men and women to think critically and wisely, instilling heartfelt joy and interest in learning, while encouraging lives of faith, character, and service to the glory of God.
- Teaching students to think and understand the world around them
- Equipping students to communicate effectively through the written and spoken word
- Stimulating heartfelt joy and interest in learning
- Encouraging students to live lives of faith, character, and service
- Creating an environment that fosters friendship and unity
It is from the perspective of Christian faith that we seek to establish men and women who think and live well.
Our vision is to provide a rigorous liberal arts college preparatory education for students from any neighborhood and background, taught by teachers who are:
- Passionate about Pacifica’s purpose, mission, and vision
- Knowledgeable and accomplished in their field of study
- Well trained in the art of teaching
- Compassionate and excited about the students they teach
- Substantial in Christian faith, thought, and character
Our Head of School, administrative team, and teaching staff seek:
- To challenge students in both mind and heart, naturally and intentionally, integrating academics and Christian faith
- To partner with, yet not replace, the family and the church as we help shape students academically and spiritually
- To focus on higher level thinking skills marked by inquiry and rhetoric, encouraging the complementary values of conviction and curiosity
- To instill a joy and interest in learning for its own sake, viewing education as an end in itself, not a means to some other end
- To approach learning as a pursuit of truth, realizing that all truth is God’s truth which allows for open, honest, and safe expression of all perspectives, thoughts, and ideas
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the final authority for Christian faith and practice.
- God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; and has revealed Himself to be perfect in love, righteous in all His ways, and Creator of all things.
- Jesus Christ is God’s eternal Son. As true God and true man, He allowed Himself to be born of a virgin, taught men how to love through His sinless life, was crucified as a sacrifice for our sins, arose bodily from the dead, was seen by over 500 persons, and returned to heaven to prepare a place for us.
- Men and women were created in God’s image, tempted by Satan, and rebelled against God. Through repentance and personal faith in Jesus Christ we are forgiven of our sins, reborn of the Holy Spirit, and become children of God.
- The Holy Spirit persuades us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. He lives in us, teaches us, and enables us to live godly lives.
- The Church is the living Body of Christ on earth. Christ is its head and source of its life. The church body is composed of those who have received Him as Savior and Lord. The church exists to communicate God’s good news to our world, to care for the growth and health of the body of Christ, and to celebrate the love and life of God.
- God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all people according to the deeds done in the body, and establish His glorious kingdom.
- A college preparatory liberal arts and sciences education
- The integration of faith in learning
- Teaching that engages the heart and the mind
- A focus on inquiry and rhetoric
- A curriculum that is founded on the great conversation of Western Civilization
- All truth is God’s truth
- A commitment to the values of conviction and compassion as complementary rather than competing values
- A commitment to truth, beauty, and goodness
- A school that doesn’t replace but, comes alongside the family and church for the student’s best education
- Deepening students in lives of faith that reflect the values of charity, grace, justice, freedom, duty, humility, courage, goodness, and faithfulness
- A school for all neighborhoods
- An authentic, relational community that pursues grace and truth